Choose your holiday destination this summer
Summers are back. Soon your kid’s schools will announce holidays. So, which place are you planning to explore this summer? Even those without kids may be fronting for someplace to chill out this summer. So have you chosen your destination?
No… Are you confused.??
To assist you with the selection of your travel destination we have composed a list of popular places that you can visit during May or June.
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh- Visit Manali this summer to beat the heat. Dense forest, apple trees, Deodars, pines and cool breeze of Manali are waiting for you. Major attractions of Manali are Solang valley, Hadimba temple. Vashisth temple, monasteries, and Rohtang pass. You may also enjoy Paragliding, river rafting on Beas rivers and other mountain sports if you are an adventure freak. The temperature of Manali during May and June ranges from 10-25 degree Celsius. During the day the weather is pleasant while nights are quite frigid.
- Nainital– Nainital is a popular hill station. During summer temperatures here ranges from 10 to 28-degree Celsius. It is a nice place to visit with family and kids. Spots to visit Nainital includes Naina Devi, Eco cave gardens, Naina peak, Zoo, Snow view point, Tiffin top, Kainchi Dham and Khurpa Tal. You may enjoy a boat ride in the Nainital lake and savor a broad view of Nainital when carried on ropeway. Simply make sure to book the cable car in progress.
- Sikkim-Gangtok– There are so many places to visit in Gangtok such as change lake, Nathula pass, monasteries, unexplored caves and cascading waterfalls. To have a glimpse of the paranomic view of the second highest mountain range of world- The Kanchanjanga, you will have to visit Dzongu in North Sikkim. You may enjoy angling on the Testte river and village hikes. Better avoid this place after mid June to mid September as the weather is misty and dangerous landslides happen during monsoons are devastating. From May to mid June the temperature more here ranges from 20-20 degree Celsius and is an ideal time to relish the holidays.
- Coorg- Coorg is known as Scottland in India. Western ghat valleys and lush rolling hills render Coorg verdant beauty. Chocolate and spice plantations and recently bloomed blossoms in may offer dramatic panoramas. If you want some adventure you may prove easy to moderate trekking. Better visit Coorg before the commencement of monsoon and avoid imposing it in June to September. In May the weather is salubrious and the temperature seldom rises above 30-degree Celsius.
- Auli- Deodar, oak trees and apple orchards, Mt. Nanada Devi and Nikanth Hathi Parbat adds spectacular sight to Auli during summers. It is one of the best place for camping and trekking. You can enjoy rock climbing and waterfall rappeling. Other places to visit in Auli are Auli artificial lake, Auli ropeway, Gurso Bugyal, Chenab lake, Chattrakund, and Joshimath. The temperature here varies from 7-20 degree Celsius during summers.
If you have been to the above destinations or looking for some more options our next article will introduce you to a few more places in India and abroad to visit this summer.